[U-Boot-Users] [Fwd: Re: reducing size of u-boot binary]

vibi vibi_sreenivasan at cms.com
Sat Dec 15 07:27:57 CET 2007

dear jerry,
	thanks for your reply.i am using u-boot 1.1.5 .my binary is only 90kb &
i still wanted to reduce the size.i thought compiling u-boot is like
compiling linux kernel,ie source file for the disabled commands wont get
compiled,now i understood that i was wrong.

i wanted to reduce size to less than 90kb because of constraints in
available flash memory space.

i have done it by disabling bootp & rarp by using #define macros
i didnt find option for that in /include/cmd_confdefs.h .

once again i thank you for your response

thanks & regards
vibi sreenivasan