[U-Boot-Users] Device tree and u-boot passing MAC address questions

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 19:47:13 CET 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 1:37 PM, Timur Tabi <timur at freescale.com> wrote:
> robert lazarski wrote:
>
> > I noticed at least one other recent case of this issue, and the
> > 'solution' was to code in the mac address into the dts file - I tried
> > that and it does work. However, what's a proper solution for passing a
> > MAC address to the kernel from the latest u-boot?
>
> Which property in the DTS did you update?  Also, you need to make sure that
> CONFIG_HAS_ETH2 is defined in your U-Boot board header file.

I'm using the same header file in 1.3.0RC3 and the latest 85xx git
repo, which has:

#define CONFIG_TSEC_ENET        1       /* tsec ethernet support */

/* The mac addresses for all ethernet interface */
#if defined(CONFIG_TSEC_ENET)
#define CONFIG_HAS_ETH0
#define CONFIG_ETHADDR   00:E0:0C:00:00:FD
#define CONFIG_HAS_ETH1
#define CONFIG_ETH1ADDR  00:E0:0C:00:01:FD
#define CONFIG_HAS_ETH2
#define CONFIG_ETH2ADDR  00:E0:0C:00:02:FD
#define CONFIG_HAS_ETH3
#define CONFIG_ETH3ADDR  00:E0:0C:00:03:FD
#endif

To get eth2 to link, I put this MAC in my device tree:

local-mac-address = [ 00 E0 0C 00 02 FD ];

Otherwise the kernel just sees a series of zero's . Is this change on
purpose and I missed what I need to do now?

Robert