[U-Boot-Users] Device tree and u-boot passing MAC addressquestions

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Mon Dec 17 21:56:10 CET 2007

Joe Hamman wrote:

> I recently encountered the same problem.  By using the 'fdt b' command, I
> was able to see that the MAC addresses were not being filled in prior to
> calling the kernel.

Most device tree properties are not filled in until you execute the bootm
command.  The MAC address is one such property.

> Adding aliases to the dtb file fixed my problem. (Search the mailing
> lists...)

It looks like U-Boot was updated before the device trees were updated.  When the
code for aliases was added to U-Boot, the code for older device trees should not
have been removed.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale