[U-Boot-Users] Pull request: u-boot-freebsd

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 19 00:08:06 CET 2007

Dear Rafal,

in message <47684C6F.8080303 at semihalf.com> you wrote:

> If backwards compatibility is required then yes, this would be nice to have,
> but let's try not to miss the whole picture: with current U-Boot nine (9)
> standalone very simple programs are shipping, which use the jumptable
> approach. Why would they suffer with a more generic calling mechanism?

Please note that more than 9 are shipping; some are just not in the
examples directory. See for example the trab_fkt code in board/trab.

And some more are not in the U-Boot tree because they make use of the
fact that standalone apps don't need to be under GPL.

But this is not intended to argument with you - I feel you are right.
I just wanted to get the facts clear.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"If a computer can't directly address all the RAM you can  use,  it's
just a toy."         - anonymous comp.sys.amiga posting, non-sequitir