[U-Boot-Users] Boot 440EPx from NAND

Leonid Leonid at a-k-a.net
Fri Dec 21 07:56:42 CET 2007

Hi, Stefan:
On Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:58 PM Stefan Roese wrote:

> > [Leonid] I am trying to boot 440EPx board similar to Seqouia from
NAND. > > NAND flash is different from Sequoia's though, it has page
size
> > 2K, sector size 128K and it's 1Gb (128MB).
[snip]

> The current code is tested only for 512byte page size NAND devices.
Very
> likely it needs some changes for 2k devices. Especially the ECC stuff
will
> need some changes.
[Leonid] You mean 512 bytes block may be hardcoded somewhere instead of
using page size definition from <board>.h file? Any suggestions what
places in the code look into? ECC stuff - where is it?

> > [Leonid] What is CFG_NAND_PAGE_COUNT anyway?

> CFG_NAND_PAGE_SIZE defines the number of pages per block. For example
> 64MByte NAND chips has a page size of 512 bytes and a block size of
> 16kbytes.
> This makes 16k/512 == 32.
[Leonid] OK, that what I thought it is. In my flash with 128K blocks and
2K pages I got page count 128/2=64.

Thanks a lot,
Leonid.