[U-Boot-Users] 83xx, FSL_UEC reducing boot latency, printf causing crash

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Fri Dec 21 13:12:32 CET 2007

Ahh, this is most likely depending on the manual relocation of
pointers/global data that u-boot does, only partial relocation is
performed. To get full relocation you must revert commit
928fe33b24cdf382a8dc8687fed24b1961cdb5d6 or some variation
thereof. Grant Likely knows more, but I think full relocation
was reverted due to some toolchains had problems with it.

I once tried an early version of full relocation and it worked
for me.
I am using gcc 3.4.6, softfloat and ld 2.16.1 built with
gentoo's crossdev.

I am gone in a few hours and won't return until a few days after
X-mas. Access to E-mail will be limited.

 Jocke