[U-Boot-Users] Target support for qemu -M mips

Shinya Kuribayashi skuribay at ruby.dti.ne.jp
Sun Dec 23 10:06:16 CET 2007

Vlad Lungu wrote:

> make qemu_mips_config ; make
>
> Copy (or symlink) u-boot.bin to mips_bios.bin and launch
> qemu-system-mips -L . /dev/null
> -L . so that qemu picks the BIOS from the current directory and
> /dev/null because qemu wants a disk image. Qemu willl load and launch
> U-Boot.

$ cd u-boot.git
$ make distclean
$ make qemu_mips_config
$ make CROSS_COMPILE=mips-linux-
$ cp -a u-boot.bin mips_bios.bin
$ qemu-system-mips -L . /dev/nulll

at this point, qemu console window appears but I can't see any u-boot's
bootlog. I tried qemu on Debian testing or the latest CVS, but the same
results.

I use u-boot-1.3.1 + qemu patch, gcc 4.2.1 and binutils 2.18.50.0.1.

Am I miss something?

  Shinya