[U-Boot-Users] CFI driver problems on MPC8260 and 440EPx systems

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 27 00:49:52 CET 2007

Dear Haavard,

in message <20071227004211.2a6cc78d at siona> you wrote:

> > even after pulling the latest CFI updates from the u-boot-cfi-flash
> > repository, I still see the following issues:
>
> By "still", do you mean it's not a regression? IOW, is this something
> my patches introduced or was it broken before?

It's not a regression - the same problems were there before,  but  my
hope  was that the introduction of the accessor functions (instead of
using plain pointers) might fix the issue. Unfortunately it does not,
the problems remain :-(

> The patch series is meant to be fully bisectable, so if you can find
> out which particular patch caused this breakage, I'll have another look
> to see if I messed something up...

It's not your fault - except of course that your  patches  failed  to
fix these old bugs ;-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother.
- Kahlil Gibran