[U-Boot-Users] Issue with Ethernet operation in non-promiscuous mode.

Upakul Barkakaty upakul at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 16:40:11 CET 2007

Hi Ben,

I have just tested this with the Ping and Dhcp commands.

Ping <serverip>: With Promiscuous mode enabled, the <serverip> is shown
alive. When promiscuous mode is disabled, the <serverip> is shown to be not
alive.

Dhcp: With Promiscuous mode enabled, the device gets an IP address . When
promiscuous mode is disabled, it keeps broadcasting the Bootp packets, but
is perhaps not able to receive the Bootp reply packets sent by the server.

The same Mac address works fine in case of Linux and Nucleus, so i think the
Mac address should not be a problem.

Regards,
Upakul Barkakaty