[U-Boot-Users] [patch] do not use linux/string.h in sha1.c on hosts

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 27 21:15:16 CET 2007

In message <4773FCEF.2040507 at semihalf.com> you wrote:

> >> But IIRC mkimage does not use any sha1 code ...
> >
> > the Makefile claims otherwise ... patch attached to remove sha1.o from mkimage
> > linking since it isnt actually used.

Indeed the Makefile contained a not needed reference.

> It is likely we'll need sha1 support in mkimage for the new uImage
> format. Let's wait with this patch until mkimage extension to the new
> uImage format is settled down.

I'm not so sure. Maybe it's better to clean up now, and deal with the
new image format requirements when we're at it. Please note that  the
mkimage  code  has  recenty  been added to the Linux kernel tree, and
there the sha1 reference was also removed. I think it makes sense  to
keep both in sync...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Do you know about being with somebody? Wanting to be? If  I  had  the
whole  universe,  I'd  give it to you, Janice. When I see you, I feel
like I'm hungry all over. Do you know how that feels?
	-- Charlie Evans, "Charlie X", stardate 1535.8