[U-Boot-Users] MCF5271 Port.

Adarsh Babu adarshrbpin at yahoo.co.in
Thu Feb 1 16:58:51 CET 2007

Adarsh Babu <adarshrbpin <at> yahoo.co.in> writes:

> Zachary P. Landau <kapheine <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > > Sounds as if you have a favour for old code. Be aware  that  problems
> > > may be lurking in that corner.

> > > Seems your toolchain is not working. Try another one.
> >
> > As Wolfgang says, old toolchains will do this.  When trying to compile a
> recent
> > checkout using the 20010318 Snapgear toolchain, I got the same error.
When I

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.motorola.microcontrollers.coldfir
> e/7212.
> > I haven't looked at the issue yet.  If you (or anyone) gets a chance, it'd
be
> > helpful to know what the issue is and if this is a real fix or just a
> > workaround.

Hi Zachary,

Well thanks a lot. The 20060615 tool chain along with the suggestion in the
link that you sent me did the trick. But now I face a different problem. I did
get a neat build and the u-boot.bin file. I flashed the same onto the EVB. But
i can't get a u-boot prompt on Minicom. Its just blank and nothing else. I
opened the Srec file and compared it with the Srec file I got for MCF5272 with
u-boot1.1.2 and seemed pretty ok. Do I have to do something to get it on the
console ? is there any other modifications that i need to do other than make
M5271EVB_config and make ???

Please help me out.

Regards,
Adarsh.