[U-Boot-Users] MMC Card Problems with U-Boot 1.1.6

sgobien thegobiens at verizon.net
Wed Feb 7 20:09:15 CET 2007

Hello.

I’m using U-Boot 1.1.6, and I’m having problems with the MMC support.  My
board is a custom board based on the PXA270 CPU, with 128MB of SDRAM and 64MB
of internal flash.  Using the loadb command, I can successfully copy my
filesystem to the SDRAM. Then, I use the cp.b command to transfer it to flash.
Everything works properly and the filesystem transfers without any problem.

Next, I tried using the fatload command to copy the same exact filesystem from
the MMC card to SDRAM.  U-Boot claims that the entire file was copied
correctly as indicated by the filesize environment variable.  However, once I
move the filesystem to flash, it ends up corrupted in the flash.  I can only
conclude that the fatload command has incorrectly copied the filesystem from
the MMC card to SDRAM.

Has anybody had trouble using MMC cards and the fat commands with a PXA270
CPU?  I don’t receive any error messages, so I’m not really sure where to look.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Steve