[U-Boot-Users] MMC Card Problems with U-Boot 1.1.6

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 23:51:14 CET 2007

On 2/13/07, Pete MacKay <linux at architechnical.net> wrote:

> What kind of MMC cards are you using?  We're in the same boat and haven't
> been able to initialize Patriot 512MB cards.  I've rewritten/added to the
> code for SD 2.0 (added 'sdinit' and an sd interface) and am seeing portions
> of the data dropped when I read blocks from a 512MB SanDisk SD 2.0 card.
> We're clocking at 10 MHz, running a 312 MHz PXA-270 (with turbo mode), and
> both cards work fine under our 2.6.18 kernel.

I think I know where I'd start looking ;-)

                /* FIXME fill in the correct size (is set to 32MByte) */
                mmc_dev.blksz = 512;
                mmc_dev.lba = 0x10000;

Btw, why do you need an sdinit command? It should be possible to tell
the difference between SD and MMC cards automatically. In fact, I know
it's possible because the Linux driver does it, and the at32ap7000 mmc
driver I haven't submitted yet does it.

Haavard