[U-Boot-Users] BDI config file - MPC8360e issue

agnel juni junijoseph at yahoo.co.in
Wed Feb 14 20:46:10 CET 2007

Thanks Steve. That solved the issue.

----- Original Message ----
From: agnel juni <junijoseph at yahoo.co.in>
To: u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Tuesday, 13 February, 2007 2:26:06 PM
Subject: BDI config file - MPC8360e issue

Hi:

I am working with a MPC8360EA MDS processor board with Rev2.0 silicon and DDR2 memory in it.

I need to program the flash with u-boot using BDI2000. I downloaded the BDI config gile from the following FTP site as susggested in the mailing list.

 ftp://83.125.32.26/bdigdb/config/powerpc/mpc83xx/

I verified the DDR2 parameters from u-boot and it matches the configuration section of the BDI config file too.

The board has 32MB Spansion flash in it (S29GL256N). But when I connect the BDI to the board , BDI keeps resettingthe board with the following error.

/****************************************************************/
 TARGET: Target PVR is 0x80830030
- TARGET: resetting target passed
- TARGET: processing target startup ....
- COP status is 0x01
- Target PVR is 0x80830030
- BDI tries to resynch TAP
- COP status is 0x21
- Target PVR is 0x00000000
*** TARGET: processing target startup failed
# PPC: timeout while waiting for freeze
- TARGET: target will be restarted in 10 sec

Any suggestions to solve this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks
Junita