[U-Boot-Users] reg u-boot 1.1.6 integeration to ISP 1561

mahendra varman raja_mahendra10 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Feb 15 15:13:39 CET 2007

Hi

Iam using ISP 1561 usb controller in a PPC board
While trying to integrate the usb controller iam facing these problems

    The OHCI root hub is detected
    but the usb mass storage device( usb flash stick) is not detected

I found the following

1. Under common/usb.c

    struct usb_device * usb_get_dev_index(int index)
{
    if(usb_dev[index].devnum==-1)
        return NULL;
    else
        return &usb_dev[index];
}

This structure is returning NULL for me ...

Whether the device number for the usb is not allocated ??

2. If i comment the if statement above and leave alone

     return &usb_dev[index];

  it is proceding but it gets out once it comes to usb_storage_probe routine

The endianness is followed correctly becaz i used debug statements and i can see the OHCI registers are written with proper endianness

Can u help me to sort out the problem why the storage device is not detected ?

Thanks in advance
Raja