[U-Boot-Users] added dcache_disable(), dcache_status() stubs to ARM920T with no MMU support

Andrew Dyer amdyer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 15:16:00 CET 2007

On 2/22/07, Olexiy Avramchenko <aolexiy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, list
>
> I'm using U-Boot for ARM920T target to load ELF image on board. ELF
> loader ("common/cmd_elf.c") requires dcache_status() and
> dcache_disable() regardless of whether MMU is used or not.
>
> I added two stubs in "cpu/arm920t/cpu.c" for the case when MMU is not
> used, but different  CPUs may also be affected by this.

I didn't look where else it's used, but adding a null stub for
something like dcache disable functionality strikes me as a really bad
idea.  This could lead to some hard to find bugs in the future when
someone expects the cache to be disabled.

--
Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.