[U-Boot-Users] rtc/ds1374.c turns clock OFF when it means to turn it ON

Andrew Klossner andrew at cesa.opbu.xerox.com
Fri Feb 23 22:57:12 CET 2007

rtc/ds1374.c mistakes the "don't enable the oscillator" bit for a
"do enable the oscillator bit" and sets it to 1, stopping the clock.
My guess is that nobody has actually used rtc_set or rtc_reset
with this driver.

We've been using this chip for a few years with a proprietary OS
and are now switching to u-boot and Linux.  I revised the u-boot
driver based on our stable driver.  Besides fixing the oscillator bit,
I set it up to read all the registers with a single IIC transaction
for efficiency and to see any error code from the IIC subsystem.

I would attach the new driver here but I can't figure out how.
I'm typing through a broken "hello new user, we don't yet trust you"
web page.  If somebody could send instructions to
andrew at cesa.opbu.xerox.com, I'd like to submit this revision.

Andrew Klossner