[U-Boot-Users] soft i2c I2C_INIT

Andrew Dyer amdyer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 03:15:24 CET 2007

I was looking at common/soft_i2c.c i2c_init().  The first (only) thing
it does is call send_reset().
In send_reset() the I2C_INIT macro gets run after the I2C_SCL() and
I2C_SDA() macros which seems backwards to me (and somewhat goes
against what's in the README).  i would expect the port setup to
happen first in case there's any weird requirements (clocks to be
enabled, weird protection schemes, etc).

send_reset() only gets called from i2c_init() that I could see.  Would
there be any objections to a patch reversing the order of the calls ?

--
Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.