[U-Boot-Users] Submitting patches

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Mon Feb 26 21:50:00 CET 2007

On 2/26/07, Timur Tabi <timur at freescale.com> wrote:
> Grant Likely wrote:
>
> > I had a double take when I read this; I assume you're talking about
> > the commit log at the top of the patch file, and your not talking
> > about including modifications to the CHANGELOG file.  Correct?
>
> Yes, don't touch the CHANGELOG file - that gets automatically updated by WD.
> When you create the patch with git-format-patch, you need to edit that patchfile
> and insert a changelog description before sending it.

hehehe, that's a lot of work for a simple thing.  Drop the git-commit
-m flag and use -F instead to add the commit log from a file (or use
neither and git-commit will bring up an editor).  You can also use -s
to add your signoff line too.  Then the files generated by
git-format-patch will already include commit log will already be in
your patch file.

:-)

Cheers,
g.