[U-Boot-Users] Help Needed !!!

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Tue Feb 27 16:12:20 CET 2007

Deepak,

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 16:46 +0530, Deepak $ehrawat wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I am new to U-Boot. I am trying to port U-Boot on to a proprietary
> board based on MPC8560. I am facing following problems :
>
>   1)  PHY device is not being configured ( or initialized ) in
> ether_fcc.c ( cpu/mpc85xx  directory ). Why?  Aren't we suppose to
> configure PHY device when FCC is being used as an ethernet device ?
> ( as is being done in case of TSEC in driver/tsec.c )

As Wolfgang mentioned, devices are only configured once used.  Is this
what you're seeing?
>   2) Has anyone configured BCM5464 ( a PHY device ) connected to
> TSEC ? If yes, then can you please send to me the related files (e.g
> driver/tsec.c )

I'm not aware of any drivers for this PHY being submitted.  If you have
a datasheet with PHY memory map, writing a driver should be fairly
straight-forward.  Broadcom's very protective of their datasheets, but
if your company has an NDA it should be do-able.

regards,
Ben