[U-Boot-Users] Testing of Uboot image trough a c program -Solved

MoonMoon Ghosh moonni_86 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 10:08:45 CET 2007

Hi,
Thank you very much Denk for your response.
I have already solved the problem today.I used the
source code from Uboot source(image.h and crc32.c) and
create my own code though I modified crc32.c It is
working well.My code tests for ARM cpu and linux
kernel image.
I am giving my sample test result.

[suhas at l5ac197 Imagecheck]$ gcc -o ucheck Sample.c
[suhas at l5ac197 Imagecheck]$ ./ucheck uImage

-----Kernel Image Information---------
Correct Magic Number--
crc check is OK
Kernel  Image Type=2
Correct image type!!
Cpu Arch=2
Correct cpu architecture type!!
OS type=5
Correct os type!!
Compression Type=1
Correct compression type!!
----------------------------------
<Check Pass>
[suhas at l5ac197 Imagecheck]$ ./ucheck uImage2

-----Kernel Image Information---------
Correct Magic Number--
crc is OK
Kernel Image Type=2
Correct image type!!
Cpu Arch=7
Bad architecture type

OS type=5
Correct os type!!
Compression Type=1
Correct compression type!!
----------------------------------
<Check Fail>
[suhas at l5ac197 Imagecheck]$ ./ucheck uImage3

-----Kernel Image Information---------
Correct Magic Number--
crc is OK
Kernel Image Type=2
Correct image type!!
Cpu Arch=7
Bad architecture type

OS type=5
Correct os type!!
Compression Type=1
Correct compression type!!
----------------------------------
[suhas at l5ac197 Imagecheck]$ ./ucheck uImage3bad

-----Kernel Image Information---------
Bad magic number--

Bad header crc

Kernel Image Type=133
Bad image type

Cpu Arch=184
Bad architecture type

OS type=34
Bad os type

Compression Type=180
Bad compression type
----------------------------------
<Check Fail>
[suhas at l5ac197 Imagecheck]$ ./ucheck uImagebad

-----Kernel Image Information---------
Bad magic number--

Bad header crc

Kernel Image Type=146
Bad image type

Cpu Arch=178
Bad architecture type

OS type=19
Bad os type

Compression Type=121
Bad compression type
<Check Fail>

*Note: for uImagebad and uImage3bad I have deleted
some data and then save it.

Thanking you again
WITH REGARDS
Suhas Ghosh