[U-Boot-Users] Uncompression of image takes time.

Adarsh Babu adarshrbpin at yahoo.co.in
Wed Feb 28 17:39:32 CET 2007

Hi,

I have an image which is 1.5MB in size after compression, thats is done for
MCF5271. When i try to load this on a MCF5271 eval board using u-boot 1.2.0 it
takes about 25 secs to just uncompress. I loaded a MCF5272 eval board with U-
Boot 1.2.0 and then tried to start the same image(which was done for MCF5271).
It was very fast. The checksum verification finish off in a second and
uncompression in 10 seconds !

The clock configurations for both are provided below:
M5272C3.h
define CFG_HZ			1000
#define CFG_CLK			66000000

M5271EVB.h:
define CFG_HZ			1000000
#define CFG_CLK			100000000

What should I do to get the image to uncompress faster in the MCF5271 EVB?

Regards,
Adarsh.