[U-Boot-Users] 1.1.6 at91 based board dataflash copy panic.

Ivan Kuten ivan.kuten at promwad.com
Thu Jan 4 15:54:14 CET 2007

Hello,

> When CFG_NO_FLASH is defined the content of either flash.h or flash.c is
> not included in the code, but dataflash support depends on that so I get
> a compilation error. I have been playing around and it seems that it is
> not possible to do a exclusive dataflash binary for u-boot, am I right?

Yes, now there is quite a mess with dataflash only setup.
I was able to do "exclusive dataflash binary for u-boot" by adding
necessary defines from flash.h to dataflash.h (these changes where
included in patch I sent):
#define ERR_OK                         0
#define ERR_TIMOUT                     1
#define ERR_NOT_ERASED                 2
#define ERR_PROTECTED                  4
#define ERR_INVAL                      8
#define ERR_ALIGN                      16
#define ERR_UNKNOWN_FLASH_VENDOR       32
#define ERR_UNKNOWN_FLASH_TYPE         64
#define ERR_PROG_ERROR                 128
/*
 * Protection Flags for flash_protect():
 */
#define FLAG_PROTECT_SET       0x01
#define FLAG_PROTECT_CLEAR     0x02

and removing flash related commands such as CFG_CMD_FLASH CFG_CMD_IMLS
from board config. It was just quick workaround.

Best regards, Ivan
Embedded Linux Engineer
Promwad - www.promwad.com