[U-Boot-Users] Ethernet Initialization at boot

galvatron12 at mac.com galvatron12 at mac.com
Thu Jan 4 23:03:54 CET 2007

Hello,

I upgraded u-boot that was running on a mpc5200 board and noticed that in newer versions of u-boot (upgraded to 1.1.5) ethernet is initialized at boot time.  In the previous version (u-boot 1.1.1) that was being used ethernet was initialized when a network command was called.  The issue is that ethernet is not always used and boot time has increased 1-3 sec depending if a network cable is plugged in.

Is there a setting that will force u-boot NOT to initialize ethernet at boot?  I did some digging and sorry if I missed something obvious.

Thanks

Dave