[U-Boot-Users] eldk

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 8 13:50:50 CET 2007

In message <8bf247760701080409k43a91ac8s46c74c4a813df0e3 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>  This is arm-linux-gcc (GCC) 4.0.0 (DENX ELDK 4.0 4.0.0)
>
>  When i compile the kernel using this toolchain i get the following error:

Note that this is the *U-Boot* mailing list. I tend to be somewhat
tolerant about ELDK questions as we don;t have a specific ELDK mailing
list yet.

However, this is NOT a linux kernel list, so your posting is off topic
here.

>  arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock24xx.c: In function 'clk_safe':
> arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock24xx.c:1223: error: case label does not
> reduce to an integer constant
> arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock24xx.c:1224: error: case label does not
> reduce to an integer constant

Seems your kernel tree is too old / broken.

> Im able to compile the same kernel with someother toolchain.
> $arm-linux-gcc --version
>  arm-linux-gcc (GCC) 3.4.4

Seems your kernel tree has problems with more recent compiler
versions.

> Whether 'arm-2006-01-16.iso' from denx.de work for omap2430sdp (ARM 1136).

Use ELDK 4.0, and fix your Kernel problems.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Name one thing windows is better than unix in?
                                          Making money for Microsoft?
         -- Randal L. Schwartz in <8cvi5t4c3t.fsf at gadget.cscaper.com>