[U-Boot-Users] Simple definition of a new board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 9 00:02:55 CET 2007

In message <45A2C0AD.2030505 at atmel.com> you wrote:
> Is it OK/possible to add a new board, by just doing a new "<board>.h"
> file and a modification of the Makefile?

Yes.

> An example of use would be to have a board with different memory
> types and each <board>.h would be used to tell where the U-boot
> environment variables are.

You might even use just one board.h file and different make targets
which provide an additional #define that you can evaluate.

Just don't add to much of "scripting" to the  Makefile;  I  am  still
agry  with  myself  that  I agreed to such a mess like the TQM82xx_??
configurations.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."