[U-Boot-Users] CFG_LOAD_ADDR vs. CONFIG_LOADADDR vs. CFG_TFTP_LOADADDR

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 11 00:19:14 CET 2007

In message <45A51B26.4030803 at freescale.com> you wrote:
> What's the difference between CFG_LOAD_ADDR and CONFIG_LOADADDR?  Looking at the

One underscore, a 'O', a 'N', and a 'I' ;-)

CFG_LOAD_ADDR is what you are supposed to use in the code.

CONFIG_LOADADDR is the value used to initialize the "loadaddr"
variable in the default environment.

> code, it looks like their both used as default load addresses, but I don't see
> why they should have different values (they do in most header files).

I see little reason to define CONFIG_LOADADDR at all.

> The README also talks about CFG_TFTP_LOADADDR, but I don't see where that's used
> in the code.

It ain't used, and should be removed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Our business is run on trust.  We trust you will pay in advance.