[U-Boot-Users] Up-arrow and Down-arrow related Query

Kamesh K S kamesh at signal-networks.com
Fri Jan 12 19:06:33 CET 2007

Hi All,
       I'm using u-boot for our custom board.
We are customizing the Cmd Line interface of U-Boot
to suit our needs.

The Up-Arrow & Down-Arrow keys don't function the way
they do in Bash Shell prompt.

The Up-Arrow takes the cursor up the screen thru the previous
prompt lines. Where is this Up-Arrow functionality defined ?

Same with Down-Arrow - It takes the cursor down till u hit the
bottom of the screen ( as in a file ).

I chkd the readline() function in common/main.c, but that does
not take care of Up & Down arrows in Switch - Case stmts.

I also chkd some environment related files too, but no help.

I need to know where the Up and Down arrow key press
functionalities are defined.

Please Help !!

Rgds
Kamesh