[U-Boot-Users] MPC83xx and PCI Bridges

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Fri Jan 12 17:12:55 CET 2007

Kumar,

So I placed a large amount of debug into the code, and found out that it
gets to into the /drivers/pci.c file and the pci_hose_scan_bus function.

Within that it seems to freeze at the first call to
'pci_hose_read_config_byte()'

If I were to guess, I am betting you are right. A freeze like this is most
likely due to an out of bounds memory access or something?? Just a guess.

I am pretty much using the mpc8360emds.h header file for the PCI
configuration as far as physical memory locations, and sizes, and BAT
setups.

The basic pci setup is being accomplished by the /board/mpc8360emds/pci.c

Though I am borrowing this entire setup directory, and once I get things
working will create a new board setup/config that is working for our system.
We don't really have an mpc8360emds but just something similar.

-Russ