[U-Boot-Users] PCI Bridge detection

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Wed Jan 17 00:21:29 CET 2007

All,

Interesting symptom was wondering if somebody some insight.

I am running a MPC8360E with PCI enabled, the CPU is detected via PCI.

If I boot the U-boot and type 'pci' only the CPU is listed, however if I
simply hold down the enter and let the 'pci' command repeat rapidly, after a
few seconds the bridge chip will begin to be detected, and will print out
the correct vendor/device id for all 'possible'  bus detections, though it
prints 0x1f of them.

Why would it begin to marginally work after so many attempts?

-Russ