[U-Boot-Users] Changes to U-Boot Development Process

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Fri Jan 19 16:05:06 CET 2007

Stefan Roese wrote:

> It would have been a lot easier _if_ I could have reviewed the patch in my MUA
> context. At least this is my working experience. It is always a hassle for me
> to get the quoted code ("> ") back to the list when the original mail is not
> inlined.

I agree with this 100%.

>> Also, there is always the possibility to split a patch.
>>
>> Ummm... is there a size limit on other mailing lists - say on lkml or
>> linuxppc-dev?
>
> I would be very interested how this is handled in other lists too.

u-boot-users is the only mailing list I've encountered that has an (in
my opinion) unreasonably low limit.  That's why I suggested increasing
the limit to 100KB.

One person in Freescale once made a patch that was over 400KB, and we
asked him to rewrite it because he included multiple types of changes
into one patch.  Even with the changes, the 40KB limit was a real
problem, but 100KB would have made things a lot easier.