[U-Boot-Users] Uboot Newbie: MPC8260 bootup issues

raghuveer.murthy at wipro.com raghuveer.murthy at wipro.com
Fri Jan 19 16:24:29 CET 2007

Hi,

I am deriving my code from SBC8260, for my custom MPC8260 board.

After much trial and error I found out that the u-boot code for our
board did not work properly for
any gcc compiler options except for -O0 (no optimizations).

For other options such as -Os and -O3 it boots up inconsistently
(sometimes it boots up and some other times it does not! ).

With no optimization I notice the booting-up is visibly slow.
I would like to know how to optimize for speed without affecting the
booting-up.

Also could you direct me to some link/guide to code optimizations on PPC
processors?

Thanks for your time,
Raghuveer