[U-Boot-Users] Changes to U-Boot Development Process

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 26 15:36:41 CET 2007

In message <528646bc0701260049g59aa159fua9e06b75c914c25d at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> With this new process, can I request that *ALL* patches still go
> across the list before being pushed to mainline by the custodian?  I
> include here patches written by the custodian him/herself.

We didn't always do this so far. In the past,  me  and  others  (like
Stefan  Roese)  checked  in a lot of stuff that was not posted on the
list before. I  guess  I  would  have  problems  changing  such  opld
habits...

But in general, yes, patches will still be required to be sent to the
mailing list.

> I worry that we'll end up with an uncontrolled free for all if
> custodians start pushing patches that haven't been posted here first.

Agreed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The easiest way to figure the cost of living is to take  your  income
and add ten percent.