[U-Boot-Users] How to skip network driver?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 26 16:40:45 CET 2007

In message <F6AD7E21CDF4E145A44F61F43EE6D939CBC6FC at tmnt04.transmode.se> you wrote:

> How about the bootm stuff? That seems to always be present.

Indeed. U-Boot is a boot loader, so we assume you will always want to
load and boot.

> I am thinking about doing an very small boot to that will be quick to
> program over JTAG and that boot will only install other images,
> including replacing
> itself, using tftp.

-> size common/cmd_bootm.o
   7000     520       0    7520    1d60 common/cmd_bootm.o

Do you really think this will make any visible difference in terms of
download speed? It's probably just 3...5% of the image size.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PURCHASERS: The Entire Physical Universe,  Inclu-
ding  This Product, May One Day Collapse Back into an Infinitesimally
Small Space. Should  Another  Universe  Subsequently  Re-emerge,  the
Existence of This Product in That Universe Cannot Be Guaranteed.