[U-Boot-Users] Atmel DataFlash hooks.

Ulf Samuelsson ulfs at atmel.com
Sat Jan 27 00:01:54 CET 2007

>>> Then how does *anybody* attempt to fix common code?  Nobody can test
>>> all platforms.
>>
>> No, but you started off by saying you specifically are focusing on
>> dataflash,
>> and then you need to test on the primary target for the dataflash
>> which is the AT91 series.
>
> Then I apologies and ask for forgiveness.  I want to see some of the
> crazy side cases removed from the generic routines (and replaced with
> generic hooks where appropriate).

Why?
Have you done any cost benefit analysis to the rest of the community?
What will the world gain by such a change?

> I should have couched it more in
> those terms when I first brought it up.
>

>From my point of view, dataflash is the main case, and
everything else is a side case.
I do not see any benefit in changing the MMI for dataflash.
I rather see changes which will make dataflash more similar
in use to std parallell flash.
In my u-boot I can compare dataflash to SDRAM etc.

> Plus, looking deeper there are similar issues with MMC and flash
> writing which can probably be cleaned up at the same time (as
> discussed in a previous email)

> Cheers,
> g.

Best Regards,