[U-Boot-Users] Atmel DataFlash hooks.

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Sat Jan 27 02:52:25 CET 2007

On 1/26/07, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Omitting the Dataflash stuff is simple at the moment, so please  make
> sure  that  your  new  code  does  not grow for boards that don't use
> Dataflash at all.

ok.  I'll hack something preliminary together and see what it ends up
looking like space wise.

> > If I took this approach; it could be implemented in a staged approach,
> > starting with memmapped flash, and then merging in mmc and dataflash
> > support once the architecture is show to work.  It still leaves the
>
> Where would you stop? If you go this path, why not add CF and USB and
> IDE as well? I'm not convinced that would be a good thing to do.

CF/USB/SCSI/IDE already have an abstraction layer; hence the original
idea of merging the other non-memory mapped devices into it.  But your
right; which devices does it make sense to merge into a single
interface?  I don't know, needs more thought.

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc. P.Eng.
Secret Lab Technologies Ltd.