[U-Boot-Users] Atmel DataFlash hooks.

Andreas Schweigstill andreas at schweigstill.de
Sat Jan 27 14:34:51 CET 2007

Hello!

Grant Likely schrieb:
> CF/USB/SCSI/IDE already have an abstraction layer; hence the original
> idea of merging the other non-memory mapped devices into it.  But your
> right; which devices does it make sense to merge into a single
> interface?  I don't know, needs more thought.

When we are thinking about a new Dataflash abstraction layer we should
also keep in mind that some new Dataflash components (AT45DBxxxD series)
contain features like the security register and sector locking which
also should be supported by the API. Other memory technologies,
especially SD/MMC, also provide such special features.

With best regards
Andreas Schweigstill

--
Dipl.-Phys. Andreas Schweigstill