[U-Boot-Users] Atmel DataFlash hooks.

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Jan 29 11:33:11 CET 2007

Hi Grant,

On Friday 26 January 2007 20:02, Grant Likely wrote:
> My goal is to attack the current #ifdef hell in u-boot.  DataFlash
> just happens to be the first thing I want to clean up.

I welcome such attempts very much. This #ifdef hell is annoying me more and
more (even if I am responsible for it too :-().

But we have to be careful here. We can't just rip out existing interface
without supplying replacements.

> I'm pretty
> sure I'm going to trod on all kinds of toes as I go through stuff.

Yes, you will... ;-)

I'm right now catching up on the discussion from last week and I have to
admit, that the DataFlash handling always annoyed me too, even (or possibly
because) I never used it personally before. I would compare this DataFlash
most with a NAND Flash, so why not as you already suggested use something
like:

dflash info
dflash device
dflash read
dflash write

Now I continue with the remaining 200 mails in this thread... ;-)

Best regards,
Stefan