[U-Boot-Users] Atmel DataFlash hooks.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 29 14:07:00 CET 2007

In message <528646bc0701281850n4b4fa2b1x7022b4daf9bfe89a at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> This is the exact category that MMC and DataFlash devices are in (both
> accessed via SPI).  Yet they are both accessible by commands in
> cmd_mem.c.

I have never used DataFlash nor MMC. Maybe the interface  was  really
badly  chosen.  From  the description I got from the implementor when
the Dataflash patches went in it sounded OK to me.

> > IMHO we should provide a user inteface which is powerful, yet easy to
> use - this requires it must be intuitive to the end user. For most  f
> > them,  (NOR) flash *is* memory, while and IDE or USB disk and even an
> > EEPROM is not.
>
> Right; so what do we do with MMC and DataFlash?

So far I hear only discussion from developers.

Are there any users of Dataflah and MCC here? What  is  your  opinion
about the current user interface, abd about the suggested changes?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
All your people must learn before you can reach for the stars.
	-- Kirk, "The Gamesters of Triskelion", stardate 3259.2