[U-Boot-Users] Atmel DataFlash hooks.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 30 02:03:29 CET 2007

In message <1defaf580701291628s572e1092re30ea906140e2a30 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Maybe it would be better to create a different set of commands for
> manipulating any kind of raw storage (including flash) and let the
> memory commands deal with memory.

Exclude flash here, and we already have  such  an  interface:
"<bus> read ..." and "<bus> write", for example "eeprom read" or
"ide read" or "usb read" or ...

> Exactly. It's just absurd to pretend removable storage devices reside
> in physical memory.

Not per se. We could want to support removable  memory  modules  (hot
swap RAM - now that would be fun :-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Carelessly planned projects take three times longer to complete  than
expected.  Carefully  planned  projects  take  four  times  longer to
complete than expected, mostly  because  the  planners  expect  their
planning to reduce the time it takes.