[U-Boot-Users] Atmel DataFlash hooks.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 30 02:06:33 CET 2007

In message <45BE95C6.8090809 at comcast.net> you wrote:

> There are at least two very good reasons why adding the "written"
> constraint is not practical: First, as he has stated several times in
> this thread, Mr. Denk believes that users regard NOR flash as just like
> ram and therefore expect ram commands to work on it. This point of view

I *never* said that. I said we consider it as  *memory*,  and  expect
*memory* commands to work on it. Note the difference.

I also expect memory commands to work on PCI windows, for example.

> certainly has merit, and while we may not all totally agree with it, it
> is, and must be, Mr. Denk's u-boot. He is the final determining person
> on what will be accepted.

No, it's not my U-Boot, it's *our* baby.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Business is like a wheelbarrow. Nothing ever happens until you  start
pushing.