[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-NG ?

Håvard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 20:25:35 CEST 2007

On 7/2/07, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer at pengutronix.de> wrote:
> The tree is based on vanilla U-Boot-1.2.0.

$ git diff -B -M -C --stat U-Boot-1_2_0..HEAD
[...]
 3628 files changed, 50350 insertions(+), 755286 deletions(-)

Wow. You certainly got rid of some old cruft (hopefully it's _only_ cruft ;-)

$ make ARCH=avr32 CROSS_COMPILE=avr32-linux- menuconfig
Makefile:394: /Users/hskinnemoen/work/git/U-Boot-NG/arch/avr32/Makefile:
No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target
`/Users/hskinnemoen/work/git/U-Boot-NG/arch/avr32/Makefile'.  Stop.
$ ls arch/
arm     linux   ppc

Ok, not only old cruft then :-P

There seems to be a lot of nice stuff in there though -- I hope we'll
see at least some of it in mainline. It's probably going to take some
work to get everything split up into nice and small logical steps;
especially getting all existing architectures and boards moved into
the new directory structure all at once is probably going to hurt...

I'd be happy to help porting the avr32 stuff over if/when we decide to
go for this.

Btw, I couldn't help but notice there's a "new" cfi flash driver in
there. How is it different from the existing one?

Håvard