[U-Boot-Users] u-boot fw_setenv does not write

Victor Librado vlibrado at bioingenieria.es
Tue Jul 3 11:14:40 CEST 2007

 Yes, cat /dev/mtd1 shows the content and the environment variables.
Also linux mtd-utils, flash_eraseall, nandwrite works ... It seems a
problem writing nand in fw_setenv

         # ./fw_setenv bootdelay 4
        Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment
        Unlocking flash...
        Done
        Erasing old environment...
        Done
        Writing environment to /dev/mtd1...
        CRC write error on /dev/mtd1: Invalid argument
        Error: can't write fw_env to flash

It erases but cannot write. Indeed rebooting starts with the default
environment.

        Kernel printk:
        nand_write: Attempt to write not page aligned data

What may happens? Any with fw_setenv working compiled for arm
architecture and uclibc?

Victor Librado Sancho
Departamento I+D