[U-Boot-Users] U-boot ColdFire development

Liew Tsi Chung-r5aahp Tsi-chung.Liew at freescale.com
Tue Jul 3 20:02:00 CEST 2007

Wolfgang, Stefan and Detlev,

The CFG_FLASH_USE_BUFFER_WRITE does not help in this case because the intel flash chip on M5329EVB does not support Buffer Write. (It could be verified by reading the CFI at offset 0x2a)

I were doing an experiment days ago by redirected some of the CFI driver functions to board specific flash driver functions. I replaced flash_write_cfiword() in write_buff() to write_data(). Program the flash for 1MB. flash_add_byte() is ~5s more than total time in board specific flash driver. Replaced the write_data() flash status check in while loop - while ((*addr & (u16) FLASH_STATUS_DONE) != (u16) FLASH_STATUS_DONE) to while(!flash_isset (info, sec, 0, FLASH_STATUS_DONE)), this will add another ~11s.

There are some overhead in the CFI flash driver for non Buffer Write. Anyway, I am going to use the CFI flash driver from now on.

Again. Thanks for yours help and comments.

Regards,
TsiChung