[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-NG ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 3 22:55:36 CEST 2007

In message <20070703175856.GB8839 at pengutronix.de> you wrote:

> Do we really need console output before U-Boot has initialised SDRAM?

Yes, we do. This is one of the things I definitely want to keep as it
saved me lots of hours before. I won't give this up lightly.

It's important for board bringup, and it's also very useful that  you
always see it when booting - if U-Boot hangs because a RAM or a flash
or  a XXX error, you always KNOW it because the last thing you see on
the console is "RAM" or "FLash" or "XXX". This is  a  very  important
feature.

I guess I should write some design principles for U-Boot...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more  interesting
than the question of whether a submarine can swim"
                                                - Edsgar W.  Dijkstra