[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-NG ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 3 23:06:58 CEST 2007

In message <fa686aa40707031117l7ba9226cu7a606b06d39f8e40 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Hmmm.... okay, so what does that output consist of?  I can be
> convinced that pre-RAM output is necessary, but why is it 90%?

The important thing for me is to follow the principle of printing "Do
foo..." before and "done" after doing "foo" (not necessarily  exactly
with these words), so you can always see exactly which initialization
step was failing.

This  includes  things  like  clock  setup  (printing,  for  example,
_measured_  clock  frequencies  instead  of  configured ones whenever
possible), memory setup, etc.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Killing is wrong.
	-- Losira, "That Which Survives", stardate unknown