[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-NG ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 4 00:58:19 CEST 2007

In message <fa686aa40707021846vb09da41g6d0d9e7212cb484f at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I think the intent of relocation is that the u-boot image can always
> put itself at the end of SDRAM, regardless of how much ram is on the
> board.  Not important for ports that have soldered down chips, but
> useful if the board has expandable memory.

Also extremely useful for boards that have soldered down  chips,  but
are  available  in  several  configurations  as  this saves the board
manufacturer from the maintenance nightmare of having to  select  the
correct out of so many different U-Boot binary images.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"There are three principal ways to lose money: wine, women,  and  en-
gineers.  While  the first two are more pleasant, the third is by far
the more certain."                      -- Baron Rothschild, ca. 1800