[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-NG ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 4 15:38:12 CEST 2007

In message <fa686aa40707032234q1ab88d31le2598fe281aadeb9 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > It might be nice to have something like tinderbox - a machine churning
> > through building all of the supported platforms based on a top of git
> > stable and/or testing branch and have a
> > web status.  It would make it easier to test system wide changes if
> > the developer doesn't have all of the toolchains on their machines and
> > would help keep platforms code from getting 'stale'.

We are working on this.  Some parts of this are visible on our web
site - see http://www.denx.de/wiki/DUTS/DUTSDocs and
http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=duts.git;a=summary

> I agree 100%.  The biggest problem here is not having anyone
> interested and with enough time to write and maintain it.  Also, since
> there are so many board ports involved, the tinderbox should be
> somewhat distributed so that the builds can also be tested on the
> various boards developer have scattered about the globe.  (ie. ideally
> it should be dead easy for someone to volunteer time on one of their
> boards to be part of the tinderbox process)

Again, we are woking on this. Yes, we don't have access to all boards
either, but some 80+ or so, number growing...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"There are three principal ways to lose money: wine, women,  and  en-
gineers.  While  the first two are more pleasant, the third is by far
the more certain."                      -- Baron Rothschild, ca. 1800