[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-NG ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 4 15:53:22 CEST 2007

In message <200707041353.17753.sr at denx.de> you wrote:

> > btw I know one exception to the only-initialized-when-used rule. We
> > often need to initialize the MAC Address in ethernet devices, even when
> > they are not used.
>
> My crystal ball just told me, that there will be a remark from Wolfgang about
> this statement. ;-)

Actually I tended to ignore that here to keep the discussion focussed
on more vital things, but you left me no choice ;-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If I don't document something, it's usually either for a good reason,
or a bad reason.  In this case it's a good reason.  :-)
                 - Larry Wall in <1992Jan17.005405.16806 at netlabs.com>