[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-NG ?

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Thu Jul 5 09:54:57 CEST 2007

On Thursday 05 July 2007, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> Do we really want to have a common bootstrap source code base,
> or do we just define what the bootstrap needs to do before U-Boot is loaded
> into SDRAM?

>From my experience, the first stage bootloader (bootstrap) can't be done
platform independent. It will mostly consist of CPU-initialization and
SDRAM-setup. And this is platform or even board dependent. We should describe
what needs to be done in this bootstrap code, and perhaps come up with a
general infrastructure on where this code should be located in the source
tree.

==> CONFIG_BOOTSTRAP_DIR=bootstrap/atmel/at91-bootstrap
        make <parameters> -C $(CONFIG_BOOTSTRAP_DIR)

        would work for me.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson                ulf at atmel.com
Atmel Nordic AB
Mail:  Box 2033, 174 02 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Visit:  Kavallerivägen 24, 174 58 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Phone +46 (8) 441 54 22     Fax +46 (8) 441 54 29
GSM    +46 (706) 22 44 57